Saturday, April 2, 2011

Tangled Thoughts

I created this blog on November 2010, with an ambitious dream of being a consistent blogger. I ended up not posting anything up till now, that is, 5 months later. I realised though, that blogging requires discipline, which sadly, I seriously lack. And besides, I am not too sure what I wanted to blog about. Maybe nothing specific, just little pieces of everything. However, on the other hand, I am very clear why I started my own blog in the first place ...

"I am very passionate about writing, and I believe I have good command in English." Or so I thought, and the way I described myself in all my application letters whenever I applied for a [writer/news editor/copy writer/anything related to writing] job. But honestly, do I really LOVE writing? Is my English good enough to be a writer? So what better platform to put myself to test than a blog?

Practice makes perfect, years from now, when I reread this post, I might feel like spanking myself for the writing errors I'm making at this moment ... but if I never even get started, I would never ever realise that I have made mistakes. So dear all kind readers, I would not be offended at all if you point out any of my writing mistakes. My hope is that as time goes by, I'll be able to sharpen my writing skills, and that my readers will enjoy and feel comfortable reading my work.

And so, welcome everyone, to my humble blog, {Bread Crumbs, Golden Dust}.

2 comments:

the meaklims said...

I'm so glad to see you're blogging now! And your English? Is amazing.

Did I see you are from Malaysia? My husband and I have a few friends here in Canada, that were born in Malaysia. :) Do you still live there?

Jill

j-chin said...

Thank you Jill, for your kind words ^^ Yes, I am currently living in Malaysia.