Monday, September 19, 2011

The Whole Armor of God

So far, so good. And I am referring to my battle against the devil, that devil, in me.

After last Saturday's dark incident, I had a rather gloomy Sunday. I shut myself away from everyone, quietly sulking working in my room, and occasionally sneaking into the kitchen for some life's basic needs, or rushing to the bathroom to answer nature's call.

I thought of going on a hunger strike, so that I could look more dignified, or so I presumed. Never happened.

During those brief moments when I was busily pigging out, I managed to snap at a few preys who innocently wandered near enough. Two preys, to be precise.

Well, a half empty stomach makes a ferocious predator, and I was eager and more than happy to prove it, a little too eager. So, what did I do? I barked.

How thick can I get? Honestly, sometimes I amaze myself, and it is not always for a good reason.

Anyway, yesterday is history. I am glad to announce that today was better, much better. :)

In fact,  everything started to get a lot brighter after last night's church service. It was as if a ray of sunshine finally broke through the thick black clouds and parted them. I felt the heavy and suffocating air around me being lifted. And those muscles on my face are back, working again, you know, those muscles that make your lips curl upwards and and your eyes crinkle. Praise the Lord!

Maybe it had something to do with the Pastor's sermon, perhaps it had something to do with the few tears shed during the service, or probably it was the feeling of guilt that kept washing over me. But one thing for sure, the Holy Spirit was at work, He is at work, gently nudging me to forgive, and forget.

Today, I sense the tangible healing power of God.

Today, I fight the devil in me, that devil called unforgiveness, but unlike yesterday, today I obediently and willingly fight, with the whole armor of God.


Full Armor of God, scripture art by {willowofwonder}

Ephesians 6:13 (NKJV) 
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day,
and having done all, to stand.


No comments: