Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Big Day!

No, it isn't my wedding day ..

Today is the day I finally turn thirty, the grand, big, 30! Whoo Hoo!!! To be honest, I wasn't excited about it, I wasn't even ready for it. Not dreading it though, just wasn't ready. But since this is inevitable, I thought I might as well embrace it with grace, So, with open arms, and a warm smile, plus a not-so-ready heart, I welcome you, my dear 30th birthday.

It is almost 7.30pm now, way past my office working hour, but I guess I'll have to work late into the night, tonight.

What??!!

No after work party? No one to celebrate with tonight? All alone? On a birthday night??!! You must be kidding me!
Answer: Yup, yup, yup, yup, and nope.

But, I think I still had a pretty amazing 30th birthday, just because :

* I had dinner with my family on last Saturday, local food with a nice birthday cake. Thank you Lord for my precious family.
* I have a friend who treated me to a nice Japanese buffet few weeks ago, as an early birthday meal. Thank you Lord for my generous friend and those delicious Japanese food. Yummy!
* I have a few friends who texted me, showering me with all kinds of birthday wishes. Thank you Lord for the few friends who remember me, on my birthday.

So, I'm happy, and thankful. =) To add a little icing to the cake, this is what I'll give myself :

 

credit {Fiona Cairns : Delicious Delicacies}
 
  
Yeah, a Fiona Cairns cake! How cool is that?! Oh my goodness, I'm floating on cloud nine. I love it, it is the best cake that I've ever tasted, till date.

My happy feet are skipping weightlessly, my heart is dancing with indescribable joy, and I could not wipe the big grin off my face ... even though I have to work on my birthday night, even though I have no one to have dinner with later, even though the Fiona Cairns cake is just a picture.

A thankful heart, a childlike imagination, and you'll go a long way.
 

Psalm 139:13-17 (NKJV)

13 For You formed my inward parts;
         You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
         Marvelous are Your works,
         And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
         When I was made in secret,
         And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
         And in Your book they all were written,
         The days fashioned for me,
         When as yet there were none of them.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
         How great is the sum of them!


No comments: